Former Temporary Committee from 2010
Chairperson: Elizabeth Vizard
WHAT'S GOING ON AROUND THE PROPERTY?
Update from 1/10/10
Update from 1/10/10
- Upgrading of attic insulation for east-side buildings. -- THIS HAS BEEN COMPLETED AS OF 1/2011
- Cleaning out unneeded items from building basements. -- THIS CONTINUES
- Installation of standalone gas-fired water heaters in a few buildings, again on the east-side.
- Installation of security lighting in basement stairwells. -- THIS HAS BEEN COMPLETED AS OF 1/2011
- Installation of a new highly efficient modulating-condensing boiler in 100-104 N. Trenton St. to replace an old, rusted-out one. This Energy-Star & EcoLogo certified, 96-98% efficient boiler will save us thousands of dollars in natural gas costs over its lifetime. -- THIS INSTALLATION IS 90% COMPLETE AND ON-LINE. Still some clean-up to do incl. re-insulating of pipes, painting, etc.
- Researching multiple solutions for repair/replacement of one of the two main boilers in the west-side steam plant.
Arlington Oaks Facility Management Committee
Facility management is the management of communal buildings. The facilities and services provided include air conditioning, cleaning, decoration, electric power, lighting and security. The term facility management is similar to property management but is applied to larger commercial properties where the management and operation of the buildings is more complex. Some or all of these aspects can be assisted by computer programs.
It is the role of a facility committee to ensure proper operation of all essential building services. These services can include:
- Normal power: electrical substations, switchgear
- Emergency power systems: uninterruptible power supply systems, stand-by generators
- Environmental conditions: heating, air conditioning, ventilation
- Building monitoring systems: Automation systems, monitoring systems
- Life/Safety systems: sprinkler systems, smoke/fire detection systems, gaseous extinguishing systems.
Along with building services, dealing with office spaces can also fall under the responsibility of the facilities committee.