Thank you everyone for stepping up and submitting your proxies or attending the Annual Meeting on Wednesday, January 18th 2017. We successfully received quorum at 27.80% or 103 units. It could not have been done without your active participation.
The membership voted to elected Aimee Hiskett and myself to the two open Board of Director positions.
After a report of the Board of Directors and Committees (posted below), a lively discussion of the membership ensued. It was great to hear various perspectives as well as what is and isn't working at Arlington Oaks. Great questions and ideas were put forward for discussion.
Here is a recap of the major topics:
- Red Cross Redevelopment (see more below)
- Better understanding of where our assessments go and how we can control increases (owners are encouraged to attend the upcoming Finance meeting)
- Increased owner participation in Committees and at Board Meetings
- More communication about Board Meetings (what to expect before hand and recap of what happened)
- Ways to increase members investment in units as overall building infrastructure is improved (guidelines for upgrades like bathroom fans or washers/dryers)
At our next Board Meeting (now Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017), we'll start with a discussion of the Red Cross Redevelopment. We will reach out to Wesley Development to ask them to come give an overview of the project. Koren Melfi (Board Member), other owners and myself will be reaching out ahead of time to various parties to understand how we can have the most impact on the development process. Please join so we can begin to understand your views on the subject.
Thank you again for the lively discussion tonight. I could see a huge benefit to hosting a few open forums during the year to hear owners thoughts. I look forward to seeing everyone at the next Board Meeting.