GOINGS-ON AROUND THE OAKS
Posted on Mar 22nd, 2012
Ongoing & Upcoming Projects:
- Chimney rebuilds at 101-103 George Mason, 109-111 George Mason, 200-202 Trenton, 209-211 Trenton.
- Roof Replacements: 101-103 George Mason, 109-111 George Mason, 200-202 Trenton.
- Replacement of the timber retaining wall in the Thomas St. lot.
- Asphalt seal-coating and re-striping of the Thomas St. lot once the wall is completed.
- Ongoing work with ARLCO & Cabi on the BikeShare installation at Pershing and N. George Mason Dr.
- Continued discussion with ZipCar about a possible ZipCar installation on our property.
- An important engineering study for the west side to look at multiple options and long-term solutions to an aging steam plant
- Chimney repairs to both Gatehouses.
- Readying the Community Garden for the 2012 season
- Replacement of the W. Gatehouse garage door.
- Replacement of boiler room fuse boxes in east-side buildings.
- Obtaining proposals to paint the white ballustrades around the property.
- Obtaining proposals to paint selected entrance doors.
- Obtaining proposals for selected security fencing.
- Obtaining proposals for repairs to dumpster enclosures throughout the property.
- Obtaining proposals to replace selected signage throughout the property
- Obtaining proposals to paint balcony posts & railings: 100-102, 104-106, 108-110 George Mason.
- Obtaining proposals to repair concrete balconys on west-side.
- Installation of several new LED exterior lights, replacing older sodium floodlights.
- Mulching and spring cleanup by our landscaping contractor
- Repainting of lobby entrance door numbers for better visibility by ACPD.
- Installation of a new erosion control plant bed at 201-205 Trenton.
- A new boiler for 4305-4311 Second has been delivered and will be installed in the summertime.
- Preparatons underway to begin the yearly boiler preventive maintenance (by in-house staff) on the twenty-six hot-water boilers on the east-side.
- Wall repairs & paint in 200 George Mason lobby
- Installing a lobby ceiling vent fan in 200 George Mason