Join the Utility Modernization Workgroup
Posted on Apr 27th, 2012
The Board of Directors has asked the Facility Committee to lead a Utility Modernization Workgroup. If you would like to join this new ad hoc workgroup please contact the Office or email The Facility Committee at email@example.com by May 4, 2012. The first meeting of the workgroup will be in early May. There will be opportunities to work on things from home, and outside of 9-5 business hours. The workgroup will meet at the Community Center as needed and may communicate over email and conference calls.
We are looking for people that know about or are interested in learning more about the utility systems across AO, working to prioritize modernization areas, have experience with public outreach, gathering information, and conducting surveys but all owners are welcome to join the workgroup. The workgroup will also be tasked with helping to organize at least one Town Hall style meeting open to all AO owners to discuss the modernization project.
The Utility Modernization Workgroup will be tasked with engaging owners through outreach efforts, and offering guidance to the Board. Examples of the questions the workgroup may need to help answer includes:
- What are our goals?
- Help determine the correct project structure that will enable AO to achieve its goals.
- What do we hope to achieve? Modernize/refresh infrastructure?, reduce utility costs (potentially reduce condo fees), replace or redesign central steam plant on the Westside?, increase resident comfort?, increase sustainability?, achieve a high return on investment?
- Do we have any energy or water reduction targets?
- What building systems do we want controlled by the residents, which controlled by the condo association?
- Are we interested in exploring energy/water conservation measures within residences?
- Are we interested in exploring resident incentives or human behavioral energy conservation measures?
- Are there any specific timeline milestones?